Magnolia's Blossoming

A way to stay in touch with the daily goings on of Miss Magnolia Elizabeth Coates.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

People were finally smiling again

Another soggy April. It felt like deja vu as streets flooded and rivers climbed. Our basement apartment, again, didn't see one drop of water. But the water has subsided and sun decided to show its face today, so we took the opportunity to spend the afternoon at the park. The bees decided to make an appearance today as well, which brings me to a new fight or flight dilemma. I am of the "flight" school and usually run away serpentine while screaming "bread and butter" repeatedly. But now I'm a mom. Now I have Magnolia to think about as well. So do I stay and save her from a bumble bee disaster or high tail it? Today I high-tailed it. Every baby for herself. Not one of my finer mothering moments. Something to work on for the future. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry, sweetheart, but its heredity I too ran serpentine, leaving you behind all the while screaming "bread & butter"..hope it's the only bad trait you inherited,huh Les????

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jen Yirak said…

    oh those pants. too cute. too cute.

    what's the "bread & butter" about? I've never heard of this.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Leslie and Trisha said…

    "bread and butter" is what you chant to make the bees go away. And by chant I mean scream like a little girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home